The 74th Cook’s Lobster House, Bailey Island Fishing Tournament will be held on July 23rd through the 29th. The Captains Meeting will be held on Sunday at 6:PM July 22nd at Cook’s Lobster House.
Click here for the history of the Bailey Island Tournament
There are a lot of prizes including $250. first place for largest cod, pollack, bluefish, mackerel and shark. $1000. first place striped bass and $2000. first place tuna, for weekly catch.
There are $50 daily prizes for largest of the species.
There is also a children’s tournament that will award trophies, cash and prizes for: bluefish, striped bass and mackerel.
Weigh-ins and awards will be at Cook’s Lobster House.
The following minimum lengths must be met for any fish to be entered in the sport-fish category:
- Striped Bass …………… 40″ and over ( juniors only 20″ – 26″ )
- Bluefish …………………. 24″ Minimum
- Mackerel ………………..12″ Minimum
- Cod ………………………..24″ Minimum
- Pollack …………………..19″ Minimum
- Shark …………………Blue ( 10′ foot fork ) Mako, Porbeagle, Thresher ( 4.5′ fork )
- Only fish landed by rod and reel or hand line may be entered.
- The tournament starts at 7:00AM, July 26 2010 and ends at 4:00PM July 31, 2010
- All fish entered must be weighted by the entrant at Cook’s Lobster House, Bailey Island, on the clubs certified scale. Weight Record Cards must be signed by the angler and by the weight master at this location. All fish are subject to inspection by discretion by the weight master.
Fish must be entered before 6:00PM to qualify for that day’s entry. Fish entered after 6:00PM will be weighed and will qualify for the following day with the exception of Saturday, the 31st of July, the last day of the tournament. On Saturday, All fish must be entered and weighed before 4:00PM, the time the tournament ends.
5. In the event of a tie(s) the first fish entered by date and time shall be declared the winner.
6. All contestants, both boat and surf, must be registered in the Tournament Before they may legally start to fish.
7. The entry fee must be paid prior to the start of the tournament or before the angler may legally start fishing.
8. Any prizes or trophies won by a party boat will be presented to the boat’s captain with the exception of registered tournament contestants who are fishing on the same party boat.
9. Only the largest registered fish per person per day per fish species will be eligible for prizes.
10. Tournament headquarters will monitor channel 71 on VHF . A cell phone number will be announced at the captains meeting for the anglers entered in the tuna category.
Scales will open at 10:00AM each day